Dealing with accidents (Colts)
Guidelines for dealing with an incident/accident
- Stay calm, but act swiftly and observe the situation
- Is there any danger of further injury
- Listen to what the injured person is saying
- Alert a first aider, who should then take the appropriate action for minor injuries
- In the event of an injury being serious or needing specialist treatment, call 111 for minor first aid or 112 in an emergency. A phone is available behind the bar. There is also a public phone in the Club lobby.
- Do not move someone with major injuries, wait for the emergency services to arrive,but ensure they are as comfortable as possible
- Ensure that the remainder of the group are organised, safe and adequately supervised
- As soon as possible, the person in charge should contact the injured persons parent/guardian/carer
- The appropriate person should complete an incident/accident form which is behind the bar.
- The Club is generally open between 9.30 am 'til late.
The file is also available for download below: